Back to main page.
- Problems are posted before noon Friday and e-mailed answers
(typed or scanned) are accepted until midnight the following Saturday
- Each problem is worth a number of points. NEW: we now
score all submitted problems at their full point value. If we have
ties at the end of the semester ties will be broken by a random
- A ladder of contestants in point order will be posted. You must
explicitly give us permission to post your name or we will keep it
private. You are encouraged to use an interesting (but not tasteless)
name for your entry in the ladder. We also need your real name, your
school, and your e-mail in case you win a prize.
- There is a prize for the highest point totals at the end of each
semester. We also start the point totals over again each semester.
- This site is for students in high school. Middle school students
can enter too, but some of the problems may be a bit hard.
- You are permitted to ask your parents, teachers, and other
students for help. You must write up the answer you submit on your
own. We're hoping you learn something along the way and other people
are a great place to learn.
- All rules are enforced by the honour system.